At the Fall 2021 show held at the Promenade room at the Chowder Pot in Hartford we had the pleasure of hosting a display by our good friend, member and resident M1 Carbine expert Dan Pinto. Dan is the curator of www.uscarbinecal30.com and a walking encyclopedia when it comes to M1’s.
Left side from top to bottom
- “Sniperscope” Inland T3 carbine with a M1 infrared scope http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/modelT3.html http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/IRM1.html
- Inland M1 carbine used by the Bavarian Rural Police in the US occupied zone. http://www.bavarianm1carbines.com/
- Commercial M1 carbine manufactured by Howa LTD for the Royal Thai Police http://www.m1carbinesinc.com/carbine_howa3.html
- Chinese copy of the M1 carbine manufactured at the Shenyang Arsenal, Manchuria, under communist Chinese control.
- M2 infrared scope on a “Snooperscope” hand-held mount http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/IRM2.html
Right top to bottom
- M3 carbine. M1 carbine with a M3 Sniperscope http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/IRM3.html
- Inland M1a1 “paratrooper” http://www.uscarbinecal30.com/modelM1A1.html
- Rockola “Test” carbine. Used for tests at the Rockola factory
- Underwood “Presentation” Carbine. Gifted to a Vice President at Underwood Elliot Fisher
The Banner picture is a M1 “cutaway” carbine made at the Inland factory for Ordnance.